Saturday, April 02, 2005

Why must everything have a title?

I have been feeling a little down lately, cuz Im broke again and I dont wanna ask money from my mom. Im a little angry with myself right now. I paid $65 to an agency that promised to get me and my frend amreet roles as extras in tv and stuff, and I have not heard from them yet. I know its a little early right now, just hope we dont get duped. Its been all I have ever wanted to do. To act. If I dont become a exceptional actor in my life, Id consider my entire life a waste. From today onwards, I dedicate my life to acting. I know its gonna be hard, taking into account that the arts is still not very developed here in Singapore.

My hamster just inspired me. I heard a scraping sound and looked to my right and saw my hamster trying to climb up a plastic bag. She kept sliding back down but she did not give up. She tried and tried and tried... and finally she managed to get a foothold and climbed all the way up. Isnt it how it is in life? Success is the top of the plastic bag. We just have to keep trying. Success comes to those who never give up. Its easier said than done but then again, its not impossible to achieve. I dont believe that people are successful in life just by luck.

I believe we create our own destinies. It is easier to say that everything is already destined for us and so we are slaves to destiny. Whenever people say that, I feel like piercing a ring thru their nose(just like a cow's), and nailing it into the ground. Because thats just where they will remain. I know its a bit rich coming from me but I have to say it anyway. Destiny is created by us. Now you might be asking "What proof do you have?". My proof is Choices. Every single second we are making choices, consciously or unconsciously. Even breathing is a choice. An unconscious choice, a decision initiated by our subconscious to help us live. We dont tell our subconscious what to do because it does what is best for our body. I would like to highlight that every function of our body is functioning because of our subconscious. In other words, our subconscious is choosing to let us live. Since every second we are alive is a result of a choice, imagine the power of what our choices could help us achieve. I choose to become a successful actor and therefore I shall, because the choice has been made. I urge all of you to make a choice, a choice to live a success. Just to clarify something, Success is relative to the individual. What one perceives as Success may not be shared by another. Choose wisely and decisively.

Yours in choosing,
Santo

No comments: