Monday, December 13, 2004

The Cold Cut Trio

Hello my dear fine-feathered-bored-and-desperate audience. I shall once again attempt to draw u into my world of boring happennings and events... well to start off, I went cycling this morning. Was supposed to meet gautam n his frend, I forgot his name... sorry dude dunt bite me, at 8am today. However, I woke up late, and hence as usual was late for another appointment. Reached East Coast ard 8:20 I think. Well when I reached there, I realised my wheel was loose again!!! Grr! So I tried adjusting it, but then my disc brake touched the wheel so the wheel wasnt moving freely. Ive had it with my disc brakes man! Why didnt any1 warn me abt this before I bought it? Its like getting married to a super hot model who farts a lot at night... as in u dont get any satisfaction in the end... It gets on ure nerves after the first few rides. I was referring to my bike! What were you thinking?!

Anyway, I fix the darn brakes, and the wheel is loose again! My bike was playing the dreaded game of "either or". Just like when your mum used to say when u were young you either eat your veggie or visit grandpa, except this is more like with a machine kinda thing, so crying wouldnt really help much. Well, finally after ten or more agonising minutes of adjusting screws, and getting hit with a few gasping fishes when the fishermen pulled their line out(we were at the jetty), I finally managed to get the wheel rotating fairly well, although it was still touching the brake a little, and got it quite secure. We set off for changi village, there was a sad revelation waiting for me... the dirt track that connected east coast to the airport runway thinggy was replaced with a proper road with lights. Its no fun anymore when going at night now! sigh...

We finally reached Changi V and had brunch at subway... becuz gautam the little stuck up spoilt brat(Im just kiddin... or am I? hmm) had a phobia of eating at hawker centres and food courts... he feels they are out to poison people and then sell their bodies to China to be used as fillings in buns. Weird huh! I had a veggie delite, gautam has a shit cookie, and his frend had a cold cut trio, I decided to call ourselves that, because there were 3 of us.

After eating, drinking, and singing hobbit songs, we decided to leave for home. I decided to take the "faster route" home thru old tampines road, but ended up taking a wrong turn and heading for Bedok north, then bedok reservoir, then kaki bukit... But I managed to find a road that LINKED up to Eunos Link... hahaha... Look at the way I play with words... Amazing isnt it?

On a lighter and more positive note, I've got a job! Actually I went for 2 interviews, both said they were advertising agencies, and they required me to go outfield and talk to ppl... I am supposed to go for my orientation tomorrow and on wednesday, but to hell with those shitty jobs... I found a cooler one at Boat Quay. I took a train to Raffles Place and when I stepped out, I looked around me and saw the vast buildings and people bustling about and I thought,
"Hey theres gotta be a job for me in this huge scary place!" I looked up, craning my neck to see the top of the skyscrapers, and will you believe it a bird shit in my eye! Anyway, back to the gist of my story. I walked into G2000, Harrys bar at boat quay and both of em said "No".

Harrys actually said smthin longer... "NONO! we dont have a freakin job for you! What the hell do you think we are? An employment agency, or some shit like that? What kinda moron walks in to a bar and asks for a job when we dont freakin advertise it? Do u think we are too poor to afford an ad in the papers?!"then i just stared at him, not knowing what to do... so i said
"nice place..." and he looked back at me, his eyes penetrating me(Amreet if u are reading this get that thought outta ure head!) and he said
"No seriously do you think we are that poor to afford an ad in the papers?Because actually we are... but we dont look like it do we. HAHAHA" and then he poured beer on his head and started chanting something. I got outta there and walked on to Mad Flemmings and I enquired. They gave me a form to fill up. Whilst filling it up, I looked up and realised that they had a sign saying they needed bartenders,cooks and service crew. I applied fer service crew and bartender. Then the interviewer asked if i could be a bartender. I got really excited and said yeah.. I wouldnt mind. Then he asked if I could make a Singapore Sling. I told him I didnt know, but was willing to learn. Anywayz he gave me a job as a service crew, and he said they actually need bartenders, so he will let me be a service crew part time, and after a while they will train me to be a beertender.. bartender whatever it is. Hope evrything goes well.

Hope you enjoyed reading this post, as much as I love reading joke books whilst crapping. See yall soon! Adioz!

No comments: