Friday, December 03, 2004

The unpredictable day...

Today was really one heck of a day! Well I woke up sick, was down with a flu. However I had to go down to Raffles Place to hear some guy trying to convince me to invest a few hundred dollars in some network marketing... wasnt really bad though, but I think I'll give it a pass for now. Well I was actually supposed to buy my new bike today, but as luck would have it, after 7 months of waiting, I had to fall ill today! So i called Amreet up and told him I'll probably get it some other day. I came home, took two panadols and rested fer abt 2 hrs, and when I woke up I felt much much better! Anyway I still thought that I should give it a pass because I dint wanna over exert myself... but that was untill Amreet told me they were going to the gay beach. Suddenly my flu seemed to have mysteriously diminished. I guess the saying that remaining positive and happy does work wonders on your body.

Well I went down to AMK and bought my Kona Fire Mountain for $680. plus another $20 on a helmet, and front n back light. Managed to get the helmet n front light frm Amreet at $14! Thnx dude!

Anyway after waiting for the others to show up! They were late! we were finally ready to go... but just as we were mounting our bikes, Amreet fell with his bike ( while stationary mind you) and kinda bent his rear derailleur. Farihin thought he would be a wise ass and started laughing at Reet... little did he know that retribution was on its way! Anyway, Amreet decided that we would just carry on, and we barely cycled a 100 metres, when Farihins tyre got a puncture! So we had to go back to Ben's and fix it up.


Anyway when we finally started off, it was really fun... after 7 whole months the feeling of the cool night wind blowing across my face was like... priceless (If any1 from MasterCard is reading this,please forward it to ure advertising department. thnx!)

Well obviously after 7 mths my stamina and speed had drastically decreased... even i was amazed, untill we later found out that part of it was due to my disc brake touching the the piston, so the wheel was not freely rotating. Anyway, we went to Jalan Kayu for prata, then to compass Point for I dont know what, and then straight to Kallang via bendemeer road. It was a tough journey, and all this while my wheel was not freely rotating, and I thought that I really sucked. Well I do lah, but not as bad as I first thought!

But the disappointing part was when we were like about 400metres into the dirt trail leading up to the gay beach. Which is super dark, then we looked up and saw the sky getting really red. Well we dint wanna get caught in the rain there because it isnt very nice to peddle in mud, especially if your damn wheel isnt workin properly! So we turned back and and headed for home, stopping twice, one for a short rest near the river and for a second round of prata.

All in all it was an eventful day, Ill try bringing along my sisters digicam next time to take some pictures. Some of the sights were awesome. Anyway, I'd better go shower and sleep now, my thighs are killing me, and its 3:40am. See yall soon!

Regards,
Santo

No comments: